PRO/STREET Harmonic Dampers feature:
- Nodular Iron Construction - Most cast dampers are manufactured from gray iron castings. Nodular iron is over 30% stronger than gray iron
- Bonded Elastomer - Outer ring and inner hub are bonded (vulcanized) to the elastomer. This minimizes the potential for the outer ring to move on the hub, losing true TDC position.
- Removable Counterweights _ Externally balanced models feature bolt-in counterweights, making it easy to switch from an externally balanced engine to an internally balanced engine.
- Precision Balanced - Dampers are machined and precision balanced.
- 60° of permanent easy to read timing marks (40° on SB Ford models)
About Nodular Iron
Nodular Iron, also referred to as ductile iron, is typically the material used for heavy duty or racing applications of cast iron products.
It is approximately 30% stronger than gray iron. So it was only natural that when PRO/RACE developed the heavy duty OE replacement PRO/STREET dampers,
high strength nodular iron was the material of choice.
While PRO/STREET dampers are not intended for racing, the fact that they are cast of nodular iron, as opposed to ordinary gray iron, means that they are suitable for higher
rpms than most competitive models. (Note: The PRO/STREET Nodular Iron Harmonic Dampers are NOT SFI certified). However to prove the integrity of the PRO/STREET dampers, Pro Race
had the SFI test lab run some spin tests. The PRO/STREET damper was subjected to 8,000rpm for one hour, and then 12,500rpm for 15 minutes with no sign of degradation!
(note: this by no means suggests the PRO/STREET damper should be used in extreme applications _ use PRO/RACE or PRO/SPORT for high performance applications).